Poem for Lunar Eclipse in Leo, 1/21/19

Your misfired kiss blisters 
my wrists and makes me think
there's still something there - 
swollen ID in a stolen wallet.

The tryst reboots when we blink,
eyelashes lacing like gears.
My spine aligns with dotted lines
and road signs shiver in warning.

When you hunch your neck to crawl in my chest 
and roll a joint in ventricles, our vehicles crunch
like newspaper in flame, 
smoke and ink on snow and bone,
blurring color, bending gender to fit 
our invisible, impossible imprint.

When I'm serene, you're a blizzard. When I whisper,
you bellow. But groping telescopes and maps
with blacked-out exes isn't helpful, and setting fire
to our sexes isn't cleansing.

It's a tense thing 
to Love yourself in place of someone else, 
dispelling your hell with a chanting spell, 
brimstone and frankincense working together 
to weather a storm that never 
started.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts